With the days of summer quickly closing in, treat your family to a vacation near Starved Rock State Park, and experience Ottawa Riverfest 2016. From delicious gourmet food samples to savor at Taste of Ottawa to the eclectic art finds at Art in the Park, the festival you've been waiting for is about to get underway, and you won't want to miss it. It's not too late to gather your crew together and head to Illinois to make memories that will last a lifetime.
The Ottawa Riverfest 2016 is packed with fun events all week. Check out a few things to add to your itinerary:
- 8/2 - Founder's Day Picnic from 12-3 pm.
- 8/3 - 51st Annual Welcomeburger Picnic from 5 pm-8 pm.
- 8/3 - 8/5 - Wilson's Family Show Carnival opens at 6 pm.
- 8/4 - 8/6 - Downtown Sidewalk Sale from 10 am - 4 pm.
- 8/4 - Fishing Rodeo for Kids from 5 pm - 7 pm.
- 8/4-8/6 - Taste of Ottawa from 6 pm - 12 am.
- 8/6 - Starved Rock Regional Center Kids 5K walk at 6:30 am.
- 8/6 & 8/7 - Outdoor Market & Farmers' Market from 8 am - 4 pm.
- 8/6 - Agriculture Street Fair from 9 am - 12 pm.
- 8/6 & 8/7 - Art in the Park from 9 am - 4 pm.
- 8/7 - LaSalle County Cruisers 32nd Annual Car Show from 10 am - 3 pm.
- 8/7 - RIVERFEST PARADE at 1 pm.
After you have loaded up with stimulating activities each day at Riverfest, make your way to Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort. We have the comforts and conveniences that will make your last hoorah for the summer complete. From relaxing in our spacious cabins to sliding down one of the many water slides at our Grand Bear Falls Water Park, you'll know you made the right decision by staying with us. You can reach one of our friendly staff members by calling 866-399-FUNN. What are you waiting for? Book your reservation today!