Are We There Yet?Getting here is a breeze. Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort is 90 minutes southwest from downtown Chicago, 10 minutes from Ottawa, 1 hour from Peoria, 1½ hours from the Quad Cities, and 3½ hours from St. Louis. So pack up the kids and head out for an adventure.
Explore dramatic sandstone canyons, seasonal waterfallsExplore dramatic sandstone canyons, waterfalls and scenic hiking trails at Starved Rock State Park. Go horseback riding at Cedar Creek Ranch and discover the stellar beauty of the Starved Rock area. Enjoy whitewater rafting, canoeing, boating and fishing on the beautiful Vermillion River, Illinois River and I & M Canal Waterway.
Sightseeing, Shopping & WineriesGrizzly Jack's is surrounded by magnificent historic sites, charming wineries and unique shopping. Discover the area's rich history at the LaSalle County Historical Museum, Memorial Park and Hegeler Carus Mansion - a Victorian masterpiece on the National Register of Historic Places. Shop for Amish furniture at Village Oak Haus and find Native American jewelry, pottery, and crafts at Four Feathers. Indulge in a wine tasting journey at Illinois River Winery and August Hill Winery.
- Illinois River Winery - 1.5 miles
- August Hill Winery - 1.8 miles
- La Salle County Historical Museum - 1.9 miles
- Matthiessen State Park - 2.4 miles
Starved Rock State Park Visitors Center -
- Spirit of Peoria - 2.0 miles
- Vermilion River Rafting & Fishing - 4 miles
- Belle of the Rock - 2.0 miles
- La Salle Canal Boat Tour - 4.4 miles
- Senica's Oak Ridge Golf Course - 5 miles
- Stage 212 - 6.3 miles
- Hegeler Carus Mansion - 7 miles
Cedar Creek Ranch Horseback Riding -
- Reddick Mansion - 12.9 miles
- Heritage Harbor - 15.7 miles
- Boggio's Farm - 16.1 miles