Experience the musical talents that descend on Ottawa, Illinois this summer near Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort. The Music in the Park 2016 summer concert series permeates the gentle outdoor breezes of Washington Park. Pack a bag and a blanket for a relaxing night of cool tunes under the shade trees of the park's amphitheater. Or, slide on your dancing shoes to dance the night away! Whatever your preference, you and your entourage will dig the talents that are scheduled throughout the months of July and August each Saturday night from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Best of all - it's free! Take a glimpse at the variety of music genres that are scheduled:
- July 9th - The Kramers singing the sweet sounds of Gospel. Get inspired as this musical trio lifts your spirits with songs like "It Is Well with My Soul".
- July 16th - The Incognitos singing hits from The Chi-Lites to Bob Seger, expect a party!
- July 23rd - Talk of the Town Swing Band - Better bring your dancing shoes for this Big Band concert!
- July 30th - Generics Goodies Band - As the band name indicates, enjoy it all from 50's, country, to today's rock.
- August 7th - Sorry, no one scheduled at this time.
- August 13th - Original Rockin' Fenderskirts - Get ready to cut a rug to the Rock 'N Roll Oldies!
- August 20th - Mary Pfeifer and the Troublemakers - Bring your requests for the 50's and 60's cause they play what you want to hear!
- August 27th - Eddie Korosa, Jr. and his Boys from Illinois - It's Polka time!